WEI’s role in catalysing women’s entrepreneurship covers a spectrum of activities: support for women-owned/-led enterprises from concept/start-up to operation and scaling up for impact, as well as actions to foster a favourable entrepreneurship ecosystem for women’s enterprise and innovation.
WEI provides support to micro and small enterprises in the formal and informal sectors
Our areas of focus and work includes:
- Fostering an enterprise culture
- Developing enterprising competencies
- Helping disadvantaged populations to engage in enterprise as a path to economic empowerment
- Helping institutions embrace entrepreneurialism
- Developing the ecosystem and enabling environment